Monday, January 18, 2010

A to Zion

Well my adventure began when I left Saturday morning bright and early. Having to say goodbye to many of the people I care so deeply about was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. But in the end I know that the people that are meant to be in my life will be there when I get back.
I got in the car emotional, distrot and a literal wreck with my padre and began the drive that would soon change my life forever. My dad quickly cheered me up, and before I knew it I was practicing spanish and learned quite fast that I am not as ready as I thought I was.
We got to St. George and it was so great to see my mom. Yes it was a hard day but I knew that there would be harder to come.
Sunday I had the chance to go to the place where I was named, Zion National Park. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, with the snow and the red rock. Everyone seems to know Zion for the Narrows so that was one hike that I made my parents go on with me. All I can say is thank goodness my dad is as adventurous as he is because we ended up having to freeze our tooshies off to get up to where the famous picture was taken. My jeans, shoes and socks were soaking wet, and I was freezing but in the end, the journey to get there was worth
it. And that is how I feel about this trip to Chile.
Tomorrow morning I fly out of Las Vegas at 6am. We will see how the flight goes and how I will explain all the drugs and tabacco that I am carrying in spanish thanks to my dad. I will be sure to let you all know how it goes.
Really quickly I want to thank you all for your support and love. I already miss all of you all and know that I will be seeing you soon. Please remember that if you want to contact me only do it through facebook or letters (John Jackson 1741, La ReinaSantiago, Chile), not through phone. I love facebook I really do, but common we all know letters rock, so if you have a spare moment, i would love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're out there having the adventure of a lifetime! I'm so glad you set up this blog! It makes me feel like I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete